Whether you’re a new business owner, or you’ve been in the game for a while, it’s important to make sure that your social media is on point. Many people are searching for the “newest” or “trendiest” formula with a quick path to success. While new information can be useful, it will never replace the need for the basics that are the foundation of your business’ online growth and success.
Check out these simple, yet effective steps to improve your social media presence.
1. OPTIMIZE YOUR PROFILE
Your profile can often times be the first impression someone has of you and your business.
Make it count!
Run through this checklist below to ensure that you have these key variables covered to maximize your Instagram profile.
- Profile Picture
- Logo or head shot consistent with your brand.
- The name field in your bio is searchable; include keywords about your business.
- Value Statement
- Use the body of your bio to describe what you do and who you help so your audience knows what you have to offer.
- Tell visitors what they should do next.
- This link should drive traffic to your website, freebie, or funnel.
- Provide more information about your business, products, and/or services. Highlight covers should be cohesive.
2. CREATE AND POST VALUABLE CONTENT
A strong social media strategy should focus on valuable content.
Of course, you want to sell your product or service, but your priority should be providing value to your audience.
What kind of content is valuable?
- How To’s
- Ask Me Anything
- Blog posts
This will help develop “Know, Like, Trust”.
3. ENGAGE WITH YOUR COMMUNITY
DON’T post and ghost!!!!
You can have the best content out there, but if you are not engaging with your audience, you are not nurturing those relationships.
- Reply to comments and DMs.
- Use engagement stickers in your stories.
- Like and comment on your follower’s posts.
- Seek out your ideal followers/clients and engage with their content.
4. GET FAMILIAR WITH YOUR INSIGHTS
Social media insights inform you of whats working and what’s not. Use this information to tweak your content and strategy as needed. Insights allow you to see:
- Are you connecting with the correct audience?
- Is this platform the best for your business?
- Which types of content do your followers like the most?
Insights can answer all of these questions and help you improve your strategy.
Have you done all of these? If not, what areas do you need help with?
Check out Creative Gravity on Instagram to get a visual of these steps in action.