Navigating Social Media can seem daunting at times. Its constant changes can be hard to keep up with. Today, I wanted to share a list I composed of some “Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media”. These tips stay the same regardless of the algorithm or trending topics, you can rely on their consistency. It’s important to save these tips for later as they can be super helpful in building your business through the use of Social Media.
- Always be your true AUTHENTIC self.
- Stay true to YOU! Don’t fall into the pressure of changing who you are, what you believe, and what you like to fit a mold. People want to see who you truly are, be careful not to compromise in this area.
- Build genuine connections.
- Intentionally seek out people to connect with. Look at their bio, watch their content, connect with them in stories in DM’s. Find people who you genuinely enjoy communicating with and dive into knowing them deeper.
- Post & engage consistently.
- I recommend posting at least 3 times a week and engaging organically on those days. You want people to depend on and expect your content. This will allow you to keep your followers attention peaked and also bring in new leads.
- Post valuable content.
- You want your content to hold value for your followers, adding to their life and/or business. The amount of valuable content should outweigh your promos.
- Aim for perfection.
- It’s impossible and exhausting. It’s a goal that can never be reached and can discourage you, derailing the positive mindset that you need to succeed.
- Cold pitch people in their DM’s.
- Just don’t. These conversations always start off fake and typically annoy people.
- Post and ghost.
- You can’t build a community that way. People want to get to know who you are and interact with you. If you are just posting and not engaging, there is a lack of personal connection.
- Pitch your products and services constantly.
- If you aren’t providing value, people will likely unfollow you. No one wants to be pitched to 24/7.
I challenge you to take some time and go through these lists. Write down where you are succeeding and also write down some areas of weakness. It’s important to be able to evaluate yourself and strive to improve and grow in your weaknesses.
For example, I struggle with posting consistently for Creative Gravity. It can be difficult for me to set aside time because of life and pouring into my clients’ businesses. Something I have been strong in is staying true to my authentic self.
How about you? Where are you strong? Where are you weak? I’d love to hear your feedback!
Interested in more tips on how to organically grow online and convert followers to clients?