How to Create an Effective Content Strategy

Uncategorized • May 16, 2022

Have you spent a lot of time and energy into creating awesome content but aren’t seeing enough conversion? The problem may not lie in the content itself, but more so in the way you are presenting it. You may need to take some time to create and or improve your content strategy.

Wondering how you do that? No worries, I’ve got you covered. Below, I have listed out some of the key points when strategizing on how to effectively market your content to your audience.

Define your Goals

If you do not have clear goals, there is no way to be successful in your business. Your goals should drive your social media, email marketing and more. You can’t post to social media “just because”. You content should always align with your goals. If you want to sell more of a certain product this month or book a specific service…that should be reflected in your content.

Know your Audience

If you are not speaking to the right audience, how are you going to convert them? Get to know your audience, there pain points, and what types of content they like to consume. You this information to your advantage when creating new content.

Create Valuable Content

Knowing your audience is key here. You can now create content that they will find useful. Answer frequently asked questions. Provide tips and tricks. You want to provide value about 80% of the time and pitch your product or service the other 20% of the time. Creating valuable content builds the like, know, trust factor and will lead to a higher conversion rate.

Measure your Growth and Results

You’ve created content and posted it, now you need to see how it did. Some content may not perform as well as other content and that’s fine. Try to figure out why it failed. Could you have turned that post into a carousel or reel? Did you post it at a time that was not ideal? Maybe the graphic was too cluttered? Did deep and adjust accordingly. Reuse content that performed well. You can repost it as is or change its format.

Choose Relevant Platforms

This goes back to knowing your audience. Which platforms are they on? You do not need to be on every social media network to be successful. Research the platforms and the demographics that use them most. For instance, over 77% of Pinterest users are female. That may not be the best platform for you if your audience consists of both males and females. If you have an older audience, TikTok may not be the best platform, and so on.

Research your Competition

Smart business owners always observe their competitors. See what they are doing right and use it as inspiration for your own content. Read that again. Do not copy your competition. But if you see that they have hopped on a recent trend or they are running a successful giveaway, consider doing something similar.

An effective marketing strategy needs to be revisited regularly as your goals will change, your audience may widen, and your content will perform differently. Don’t forget this important tip!

Following these six steps will help you develop a content strategy that is sure to convert.

Interested in more tips on how to organically grow online and convert followers to clients?

Hop on over to Instagram and follow Creative Gravity or check out my other blog posts to learn more.